Skip to main content

BETA This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Using ionising radiation

Apply to notify, register or get consent

  1. Who must apply
  2. What to apply for
  3. How to apply
  4. Fees and payment
  5. Report a change
  6. Contact us

3. How to apply

Use the Health and Safety Executive online service to notify, register or get consent for the work you do with ionising radiation.

Once you've started your application you can save it and return later to complete it.

We will ask you to create an account. You’ll need an email address to set this up and to access the account in the future.

You’ll need a credit card to pay if you’re applying to register or get consent. 

When you’ve completed your application you can download a summary of the information you’ve provided. And if you register or get consent you can download a certificate granting you permission to do that work.

Application questions

To enable you to gather the information you’ll need to register or get consent you can view the questions we will ask you.

Apply now

Sign in to see or change an application you’ve started or completed.

Sign In