Skip to main content

BETA This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Using ionising radiation

Apply to notify, register or get consent

  1. Who must apply
  2. What to apply for
  3. How to apply
  4. Fees and payment
  5. Report a change
  6. Contact us

5. Report a change

After you’ve notified, registered or got consent, if there’s a significant change to the information you gave when you applied, you must tell the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). If you don’t the notification, registration or consent may no longer be valid.

At the end of the application process you can download a summary of the information you gave.

Changes you must report

Tell HSE if you no longer carry out the work that required notification, registration or consent. You must tell us if:

  • you change your address
  • the expected doses change for a practice for which you have consent
  • there’s a change in answers you gave to questions relating to radiation emergencies
  • there are additions or deletions to the categories of work undertaken in a registration
  • there’s a change in the use of portable radiation sources on sites belonging to others

If your employer’s name changes you’ll need to make a new application under the new name and tell HSE that the work has stopped under the previous name.

For other changes, use your judgement as to what amounts to a significant change.

Find out more about changes you must report in our detailed guidance document.

How to tell HSE about changes

If you have changed address, please sign in to your account and click on 'Contact us' at the bottom of the screen.

To tell us about any other changes please sign in to your account, go to ionising radiation and select 'Change in circumstances'.

Apply now

Sign in to see or change an application you’ve started or completed.

Sign In